Sunday, August 29, 2010

Paper Cutter

We all have a Paper Cutter but I still get asked how do I read my Cutter Wow there are so many ladies out there just like me. Its nice to not be the only one and its very refreshing to hear I am not the only one. I receive a lot of phone calls or emails Teresa how do I find 5/8" or 1/8" on my cutter so many of my cards I do in cm but from time to time I do it in inch and I will admit I had this issue for a long time, I hope by putting this on my blog that you will not have this issue with measurements.

So lets start 1"_1/16"_1/8"_3/16"_1 1/4"_5/16"_3/8"_7/16"_ 1/2_9/16"_5/8"_11/16"_ 3/4"_13/16"_7/8"_15/16"_2"
Starting on 1 inch to the 2 inch each little mark is as the chart above and this is the same for 2" to 3" and 3" to 4" and so on.

Your Cutter is really one of the most important Stampin Up tools you will invest in.
SU paper Cutter 106583 $39.95 page 149 2010-2011 idea book & catalogue.
Have fun with you cutter and have fun making this card just by using these measurements
lets have fun


STEP CARD
Using Pretty in pink Card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2 " (You can use any color you have at home)

Using Certainly Celery Card Stock cut at 3 1/2" x 3 3/4"

Whisper White Card Stock cut at 3" x 3 1/4"

(panels x 2) for front

Certainly Celery 3/4" x 4"

Pretty in pink Taffeta Ribbon

Stamp set This can be any of your Stamp sets you have at home

to start with pretty in pink card 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" card and place it in the cutter long ways (8 1/2")

Line it up edge at 1" on your cutter.

The arrow on cutter blade.

line up on cutting blade arrow at 1 1/4" on the cutting arm press down and cut from the 1 1/4" to 6 1/4" now the trick is to flip the card over.

Make sure you have FLIP card over for cutting other side.

(DO NOT turn the card to cut other side because you get the wrong cut on the side)


So once your cut your first slit flip card over and line up edge to 1" and cut to 6 1/4"

Next step

Make sure you starting at 1 1/4 end put in cutter score at 1 1/4" (just between the two cuts)

move along to 2 1/4" and score (just between the two cuts) and move along to the 3 1/4" and score (just between the two cuts)

Now move along to 4 1/4" BUT this time you will score the WHOLE card

then score at 6 1/4" (just between the two cuts)

FOLD will be m v m v m (mountain and Vally folds)

Then take your bone folder and go over your score lines
Stamp out image on your whisper white card a good stamp set to use is the Flight of the butterfly

Words If you wont to you can use the corner rounder on all four corners and for more texture you can use a sponge dauber with certainly celery Ink around edges snail all Matt's together
Then at the back towards the bottom add dimensional at the bottom of tag then place this on the second (m)

Tip the best way to line up your insert is to slide in and close card so all line up at the top apply
adhesive to the bottom section only gos on last (m) hope you have fun with this card your welcome to email me your card would love to have a look.

No comments: